Permits for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Gas can be obtained through the Building Officials office at City Hall. All permits are good for a period of 6 months (180 days). Fees vary with each permit. Prior to issuance of any permit, Block and Lot owner verification are required before any new permit is issued for work, plus a Utility Service Availability in Area work request form is submitted to the Utility Dept.
Permits for any type of commercial project should 1st be accompanied by Engineered Building Plans for review before any permits are issued.
Application for (all) Permit
To obtain a permit, the applicant shall first file an application therefore in writing on a form furnished by the department of safety for that purpose.
Such application shall
- Identify and describe the work to be covered by the permit for which application is made.
- Describe the land on which the proposed work is to be done by legal description, street address or similar description that will readily identify and definitely locate the proposed building or work.
- Indicate the use and occupancy for which the proposed work is intended.
- Be accompanied by construction documents and other information as required.
- State the valuation of the proposed work.
- Be signed by the applicant or applicant’s authorized agent.
- Give such other data and information as required by the building official.
Site plan or plot plan
The construction documents submitted with the application for permits shall be accompanied by site plan showing the size and location of the new construction and existing structures on the site and distances from lot lines. In the case of demolition, the site plan shall show construction to be demolished and the location and size of existing structures and construction that are to remain on the site or plot. The building official is authorized to waive or modify the requirements for a site plan when the application for permit is alteration or repair or when otherwise warranted.
Time limitation or expiration of application
An application for a permit for any proposed work shall become invalid unless the work authorized by such permit is commenced within 180 days after its issuance, or if the work authorized by such permit is suspended or abandoned for a period of 180 days after the work is commenced.
Permit For Manufacture Homes Requirements
NO PERMITS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT FIRST (1ST) HAVING A BLOCK AND LOT VERIFICATION FOR SERVICES. THEY MUST THEN PROVIDE A LEGAL DESCRIPTION WITH A SURVEY OF PROPERTY, STREET ADDRESS (IF KNOWN), OR IDENTIFY AND LOCATE THE PROPOSED WORK SITE.
- An application for a permit to locate or move a HUD-Code Manufactured Home in the City shall be submitted to the City accompanied by a complete description of the HUD-Code Manufactured Home, a title, a Warranty of Habitability, and a plot plan showing the proposed location of the HUD-Code Manufactured Home. The City may require a survey of the location.
- No HUD-Code Manufactured Home which does not have either a current title in the name of the person seeking a permit, or for which there is not satisfactory evidence of the pending issuance of a title from the State of Texas in the name of the person seeking a permit, may be delivered to, located in, installed upon, or affixed to any real property in the City, nor shall any existing permit be transferred to any person who does not provide evidence of title to such HUD Manufactured Home.
- The City shall refuse to grant any such permit unless the applicant first shows to the satisfaction of the City that there is adequate public water and wastewater treatment facilities available within reasonable distance of such HUD-Code Manufactured Home location and that the applicant upon said premises shall provide, or cause to be provided, the same. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to maintain or live in any such HUD-Code Manufactured Home without first obtaining such permits from the City. No permit shall be issued unless the applicant can demonstrate ability to comply with all the terms and provisions of this Ordinance.
- All permits shall be issued subject to compliance with all other applicable codes and Ordinances of the City of Karnes City, and with all applicable deed restrictions.
MHD FORM 1023 APPLICATION FOR STATEMENT OF OWNERSHIP AND LOCATION
TDHCA & MHD FORM 1049 CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN TO MANUFACTURED HOME