Waste Connections holds an exclusive franchise agreement with the City of Karnes City for the collection and disposal of all solid waste. Solid waste collection and disposal fees are approved by the City Council.
Brush and Bulky Waste Pickup Dates will be posted as scheduled.
Karnes City Brush Cleanup
Monday, September 4th – Friday, September 8, 2017
Residential Curbside Brush Collection
Waste Connections will collect all acceptable RESIDENTIAL brush placed curbside beginning Monday, 7:00 am September 4th – Friday, September 8th. You may start setting out brush on Saturday, August 12th.
- There will be an additional charge for volumes (greater than eight (8) cubic yards – @ 6’x6’x6′) collected from a single residence or for a return trip to collect brush that was not set out as detailed above.
- Keep Brush material piles clear of overhead Power Lines
- Any brush placed out after the truck has gone through will not be picked up or a return trip charge may be collected
- **Keep all brush and bulky piles separate for pickup**
NO COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
Karnes City Bulky Item Cleanup
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Residential Curbside Limited Bulky Item Pickup
Waste Connections will collect all acceptable items as outlined below. All bulky items should be out at the curb by September 8th for pickup on Saturday September 9th. Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, or any item containing CFC’s must be tagged by a licensed technician certifying Freon removal, white goods (i.e. TV’s, hot water heaters, washer and dryer machines, bath tubs, stoves, sinks), and furniture. Any bulky items placed out after 10 am Saturday morning, will not be picked up.
Construction or demolition debris or any waste resulting from remodeling, general property clean-up or clearing of the property for the preparation of construction (i.e., carpeting, cartons, rocks, dirt, concrete, excelsior, gypsum board, metal, paper, plastic, rubber and wood products), or hazardous and toxic waste.
- Gasoline, motor oil, oil filters, paint, chemicals, and similar flammable liquids
- Medical waste (including needles and syringes), animals or human waste
- Tires, car batteries, and large pieces of metal (car fenders, engines, etc.)
- NO BULKY WASTE SHALL BE PLACED FOR COLLECTION PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 10, 2016
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL